January 27th, 2011
Norwegian pop heirs to Germany
by Webmaster, 16.12.2010
Music Export Norway presents three winners of a-ha's 125 000 euro grant in Germany.
Signing off from a long and successful career, the Norwegian popstars in a-ha wanted to give something back. They gave a lot; each of the acclaimed younger artists Casiokids, Susanne Sundfør, Moddi and Shining, were granted a scholarship from a-ha in 2010.
We are proud to introduce three of them to the German music industry at an exclusive showcase event in Berlin January 27th 2011. These showcases are to mark the opening of Music Export Norway's office in Germany.
Music Export Norway presents:
The future of Norwegian Music
Casiokids – Moddi – Susanne Sundfør
Mashinenhaus (Kulturbrauerei, Prenzlauer Berg – Berlin – Eingang Knaackstrasse).
More info, pictures and music to be found at:
- As we are looking upon those artists who will follow us with great interest, we want to pass things on, Magne Furuholmen of a-ha said before giving four Norwegian newcomers 125 000 euros each.
The band Casiokids were the last band to receive 1 million NOK from a-ha in 2010. After releasing their dance pop album to good reception in Germany in 2010, they will search for new fans in Germany in 2011.
Fresh a-ha-money was also given to three other bands:
- the band lead by Moddi, with his eerie and unique songs
- the highly acclaimed Susanne Sundfør
- the metal-jazz band Shining
At the same time, Norwegian music has a new office for representation in Germany. The profiling of the a-ha-winners will be one of the first projects of Music Export Norway’s German office. At an industry-targeted showcase night in Berlin, Casiokids, Moddi and Sundfør will be playing at the official opening of Music Export Norway’s office for the German speaking market.
question & answers
- What sort of financial support does Music Export Norway provide?
- I want to play a showcase at a showcase festival. What do I do?
- How do I prepare for an industry festival or event?
- Where can I find export statistics for Norwegian music?
- What do you mean by "export ready"?
- What are the hottest Norwegian acts these days?