New York, May 11 - 12
Master class with Stargate
by Webmaster, 13.01.2011
Music Export Norway presents a unique master class with production duo Stargate.
Young, ambitious Norwegian industry professionals who dream of an international career in the music industry now have a unique opportunity to gain further insight into the industry at the very top level.
Tor Erik Hermansen and Mikkel Eriksen, better known as the producer and songwriter team Stargate, offer, in collaboration with Music Export Norway a masterclass in New York 11 and 12 May 2011. The event is supported by the Consulate General New York, New York University/Tish School of the Arts/Clive Davis Department of Recorded Music.
Stargate, who have had sensational international success with artists like Rihanna, Beyoncé, Katy Perry and Ne-Yo, will put together a varied program that will provide participants with insight into the different components that make up an international career in the music industry, as well as provide tips and advice that is going to make Norwegian companies more prepared to enter one of the world's toughest and most competitive industries.
- If we can break through in the USA, anyone can do it. What matters is how good ideas you have and how to manage the ideas, says Tor Erik Hermansen of Stargate.
Stargate will base parts of the program on their own experience and parts on contributions from their partners and contacts at the top level of the U.S. music industry. The program will address the most important issues in the industry and provide a greater insight into relevant topics such as visa application, tax rules, and more.
question & answers
- What sort of financial support does Music Export Norway provide?
- I want to play a showcase at a showcase festival. What do I do?
- How do I prepare for an industry festival or event?
- Where can I find export statistics for Norwegian music?
- What do you mean by "export ready"?
- What are the hottest Norwegian acts these days?
- Where can I find Norwegian industry contacts?