Rune Grammofon label night
Great night at the Borderline
by Webmaster, 10.12.2010
The showcase event in London with Norwegian acts Motorpsycho and Elephant9 was a big success.
The two Norwegian acts Motorpsycho and Elephant9 recently performed at a Rune Grammofon label night at the Borderline in London. The reviews are in, and label manager and owner Rune Kristoffersen is very satisfied with the event.
- It was a success in every way, with about 250 tickets sold, plenty of press and several booking agents, says Kristoffersen.
Prog-rockers Motorpsycho have been around for about 20 years, and have played several gigs in the UK on previous occasions. Elephant9, on the other hand, played their first ever UK gig this night, and according to manager Per-Kristian Rekdal, it will not be their last.
- We are very happy with the concert. The venue was packed, and the Borderline is a great spot for a showcase with regards to sound, capacity and the stage, says Rekdal, who reveals that he has already received booking requests for the band.
Check out four reviews from the label night below:
question & answers
- What sort of financial support does Music Export Norway provide?
- I want to play a showcase at a showcase festival. What do I do?
- How do I prepare for an industry festival or event?
- The UK taxation rules are confusing. How does it work?
- Where can I find export statistics for Norwegian music?
- What do you mean by "export ready"?